CrossFit Rebuild Physiotherapy
If you are looking for a physiotherapy clinic in Cambridge then look no further! At CrossFit Rebuild we are laser-focused on maximizing your quality of life by preventing/resolving injury, plus teaching proper movement and proper posture. CrossFit Rebuild is owned by Eric Wood-Salomon M.Sc Physiotherapy and founder of PhysioFitness Cambridge.
Our physio model combines strength and conditioning work with manual therapy, to achieve superior athletic and functional outcomes for our clients. Physiotherapy clinics are not all created equal, at CrossFit Rebuild we offer a unique approach and methodology with an emphasis on an exercise based treatment. We invite you to come and see what makes our clinic and physiotherapists different.
Whether you are recovering from a sports injury, dealing with a chronic health condition, or have low back pain, our clients can expect to recover more quickly, attain greater health, and learn to effectively prevent and manage future musculoskeletal disorders.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is treatment to restore, maintain, and make the most of a patient’s mobility, function, and well-being. Physiotherapy helps through physical rehabilitation, injury prevention, and health and fitness. Your physiotherapists will get you involved in your own recovery.
Physiotherapy is the primary health care profession that addresses pain, strength, mobility, rehabilitation post surgery and independent function.
What is a Physiotherapist’s Expertise?
Physiotherapists study the science of movement and movement system - the human body. They learn how to pinpoint an injury’s root causes.
When Should I See a Physiotherapist?
Think about getting physiotherapy if you have an injury, or any chronic pain that affects how you function everyday. A doctor may refer you to physiotherapy after surgery such as a hip replacement, or after an event such as a heart attack or stroke.
What Problems do Physiotherapists Treat?
Your physiotherapist will focus on both prevention and rehabilitation. Treatment can be for problems caused by injury, disease or disability. Here are some examples:
- Neck and back pain caused by problems in the muscles and skeleton
- Problems in the bones, joints, muscles and ligaments, such as arthritis and the after-effects of amputation
- Lung problems such as asthma
- Disability as a result of heart problems
- Pelvic issues, such as bladder and bowel problems related to childbirth
- Loss of mobility because of trauma to the brain or spine, or due to diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis
- Fatigue, pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of muscle strength, for example during cancer treatment, or palliative care
What Should I Expect if I Visit a Physiotherapist?
Your session will be unique, because it is all about you and your particular needs. In general, here is what happens:
- The physiotherapist learns about your medical history
- The physiotherapist assesses and diagnoses your condition
- You will receive a treatment plan
Your individual treatment plan will sets goals for you to:
- Eliminate pain and achieve full range of motion
- Train joint and spine-sparing position and movement patterns
- Build strength and cardiovascular conditioning within the framework of principles 1 and 2
- Address specific lifts/movements you are struggling with
In your physiotherapy session at CrossFit Rebuild, you will also be prescribed a course of exercises and any assistive devices needed.